Wednesday 22 May 2013

Nissan Skyline R34 GTR V Spec

Just about a month ago, my car was parked at Cannington Recreation Centre car park, when returned to my car I noticed Key Marks from front fender to the rear fender. Key marks were quite deep and its almost impossible to have them removed.
 

Here are the Key Mark scratches on the drivers side:






After washing and prepping the car and ready for machine buffing, I realised buffing will not remove the scratches as they were too deep. Hence, I had to use 1500 Grit Sanding, and buff off afterwards.

Have to be very careful when sanding, too light and it will not remove the scratch and too deep it will eat into the clear coat and you would have to re paint the entire panel.


Here are the Grit Sanding marks:







 
After carefully sanding down the scratches, and making sure they successfully removed the scratches I then proceed to buff it down with 3M Heavy cut polisher using Lake Country CCS Coarse pad and Porter Cable 7424xp buffer.
 
 
Many hours later, the result:
 










Saved myself $1,000-$2,000 to get it repainted, and having panels that do not match the colour after it's repainted. Please note that the key mark scratch did not penetrate through the clear coat, if it did I will have no other option to repaint the panels.


Thanks for viewing, please leave comments or questions if you would like to find out more...more to come!!!



Taking bookings now!!!

Contact: Andrew

Email: hks_gt3037s@hotmail.com

Call or txt: 0403 064 696

Location: Perth WA, Winthrop


 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment